View Single Post
Old 11-08-2009, 06:55 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
christin1225

Originally Posted by OzSandy View Post
I've seen people at church suffering depression issues, trying to battle it out on their own, rather than getting appropriate medical help, it's not a good way to go.
And some of us are able to hide our pain really well and we feel grateful that we can because we're ashamed to let anyone know that we're suffering with things such as depression or addiction. That's one reason that AA/NA is playing such a crucial role in my recovery. I'm much more comfortable sharing with those who know the pain and the shame that this disease inflicts. As the months go by, I'm gradually (okay... slowly) growing in self-acceptance.

Hey, RockHound! Welcome to SR and to this thread. As a new AA attendee, you may identify especially well with what Jason posts here. Hopefully, you will find a lot of encouragement.

So, Jason... No drinking the day before yesterday? How did yesterday go? What do you have in the works for another meeting? (And how well have you stayed away from the refrigerator )? Hopefully this last paragraph doesn't come off like an interrogation. I'm just wondering about how you're doing. As I posted earlier, it helped me to be accountable on the forum.