Thread: Relapse
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2009, 09:28 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
JenT1968

frankly I don't care if he is doing this because he is in a "dry drunk", is a mean manipulative controlling jerk, has a personality disorder, is secretly drinking, is developing a brain tumour which is changing his personality, wasn't hugged enough as a child or whatever.

Can you work out why it is important to you to identify the reasons for him treating you like this? Do you think any of these reasons would mean that you have to stay there and accept this horrible behaviour? or do you think that any of these reasons would mean that this behaviour would right itself in time on its own?

Whatever the reason for this is, his behaviour towards you is way beyond unacceptable.

remember this relationship is teaching your children how to a) treat you and b) modelling their future relationships,

having a job for three months doesn't make you a hero or a god, (and I would expect either to act with more integrity and humility), if he can find a 20-something who thinks it does, pity her. ((())) you know all this, right now he is gone, you know the stages that come next, are you prepared?

if someone is holding a knife and saying "im gonna stab you", i really dont care what his story is, drunk, on drugs, or just crazy. im getting away from the dude with the knife
yes, yes and thrice yes