Thread: Worst Day...
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2009, 12:57 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Goat
capra laeviculus

Originally Posted by NEOMARXIST View Post
I know I am an alcoholic and that the notion of moderation is laughable so that is not the issue, more that I feel like I am feeling a little strange and uneasy about the clean, sensible, and straight-laced person i have become. Afterall I am a lead guitarist!! haha.
hehe, whenever I hear about someone getting kicked out of a band, it's almost always because the guy was too into his drugs. Even though everyone else in the band is doing it too.

The fact is that the normals can probably handle a little bit of mind-alteration, but us alcoholics can't

So I guess it's either lay off the sauce, or lose the band. And so the image, the lifestyle and the excitement of it are quite beside the point.

I'm not a lead guitarist (man i'm strictly rhythm, I don't wanna make it cry or sing) (sorry, couldn't resist)... but I am a heavy metal guitarist and a biker. And when it comes down to it, consumption of alcohol significantly impairs my ability to do both. So, I am neither sensible, nor straight laced. But I am quite sober today.

-Goat