Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 07:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Choppy

Hello

My names Luke im 26 and live in New zealand.
I stumbled across this forum as i was googling for some motivational words to keep me motivated and on the straight.
i'll wrote a lil history about my drinking issues. hoppefully you wont zzzzzz

Alcohol has been my poison for the past 5 years, i drank a small amount every night after work just to numb myself of reality, and over the next few years it got way worse. i was in a spiral of depression and i fueled it with bottles of whiskey. i drank pretty much nightly, i'd mostly drink alone and hide it from everyone. but clearly my secret was no secret as alot of my freinds stopped wanting to see me and being around me. i was unhealthy and i looked like crap. it was clear this stuff was taking a firm grip on me. The few people that cared didnt know what to do as i would get very upset and angry at them when they would conftont me, i was clearly in denial.
There were times where i knew i had to stop, and i made several attempts, infact one attempt lasted 9 months, and in that 9 months i was at the gym 6 days a week and i was in the best shape of my life, i was changed!
But i made the stupid desicion of having a drink at a kiss concert, thinking it was ok cause one of my fav bands was playing so "why not right?".
well that one taste was all it took. downhill i went. went drinking the next weekend and so forth until it became a daily habit again. at this point i was at my worst, i was going to work drunk at least once a week. it was so bad. drinking 4-5 bottles of whiskey a week, the weekends became my days to recover from it.

im still struggling with it, i havent drank for a few weeks but im confident this time its for good. i need to do it this time for myself. ive made a really good freind this past year and i know that friendship will be destroyed if i continue.
i havent seeked professional help yet, i havent rulled it out either.
im hoping this forum may be a way to talk to people with similar probs and hopefully share advice and get help.

Thanks for reading

or you can wake up now :P