View Single Post
Old 11-05-2009, 06:41 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
HuskyPup
Shape-Shifting Super-Hero

Originally Posted by Brentos View Post
Would be nice if someone would PM me the reason why my post was deleted as I see the original poster agrees with me, yet the last poster here, with a different view, didn't have their post deleted. Not trying to cause trouble I'm just curious. Thank you.
I'm curious as well as to why your post is gone.

While I agree that meds can help some people and be of great value, I don't think they're for everyone. Empirical evidence points to the fact that there are many people who do not respond well to medications, or are made worse, even as others are helped.

It seems that these days, the 'it's all chemical' point of view has finally permeated its way into being accepted as some kind of unquestionable Holy Grail, notwithstanding all the millions of dollars the pharma industries have spent on TV commercials since it became legal to do so.

I'd like to see a broader discussion of the plusses and minues, and a more critical look at matters; I;'m not sure why so many put down the point of view that meds do not help some people, and might make them feel worse. I also don't see alcohol abuse, depression or anxiety as 'diseases', but rather patterns or pathologies...and as such, they have a great deal of variety.

H. Pup