View Single Post
Old 06-06-2004, 05:32 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
ChillGal

Zy
My thoughts are with you. I can remember thinking the same thing about adoption back when I was 18 and pregnant. My father was an A, my boyfriend was an A. I knew then that I didn't want to spend the rest of my life with an A and I didn't want to move back home with my A father. Hard decisions. It really is an awful feeling to be faced with this choice. I ended up keeping mine and leaving the A boyfriend when he was only 3 months old. My son is also disabled and believe me it was hard at first. There are support systems out there. My son is 29 now and still with me and my other 17 year old son I have with my AH. Go figure. I married him when my 1st son was 10. Was it the right choice?? I do not know. He may have had a better life with 2 parents and not an A stepfather. I don't know. Sometimes I think he would have been better off with other parents but that is what I did. My AH has been going to AA for 3 years now and I just started Alanon. I guess I just didn't think it would last. All you can do is think about it and not make any qick decision that will not be right for you and your children. My prayers are with you.