View Single Post
Old 11-05-2009, 05:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

Jo what do you think?

Are you aware that alcoholism is a progressive disease?

It isn't until around 4 or 5 things get tough and I turn into a little bit of a lunatic. Last night I was frantic. Can't sit down, mind racing, on edge, literally clenching my fists, deep breathing, all over the place physically and mentally.
Well I know I am an alcoholic and since I get off work at 1PM at about 12:30 every day I would start to get antsy..... by 1 I was READY!!!! Funny thing, but no one else was like that I knew at work.

Are you aware that one of the primary symptoms of alcoholism is a denial of a problem.

How many people do you know that drink like you do?

How many people do you know that do not drink like you?

Do you need to go to AA? I do not know, there are other programs out there.

How many people do you think come to recovery boards that do not have a drinking or drug problem?

Here is one to answer and think about it long and hard.

Why did you get on the internet and search out and find this site?

Was it because your life is so wonderful that you thought you would come here just to see what alcoholics and drug addicts are up to?

You need an answer?

Are you happy?

Do you ever wake up in the morning and think "Gee I wish I had drank last night!"

I can tell you this, if you are not an alcoholic then NOT drinking would not be a problem!

My wife is not an alcoholic, she could care less if alcohol fell of the face of the earth, she maybe has a drink every couple of months, she has one and that is it, sometimes she does not even finish that one drink.

I am an alcoholic, if I have one drink, before I am finished that first drink I am preparing for the second, the third, the 4th.............................

I am an alcoholic, when I was drinking, drinking was VERY important to me, you see that is what I needed, it was what I wanted!!! I am an alcoholic.

I am an alcoholic, drinking one drink is never enough, leaving a drink half full without even thinking about it was a SIN!!!!! I drink like a gentleman for the first 4 or 5 then I am drinking straight out of the bottle, why dirty a glass when I am going to drink the whole bottle any how.

If you are not an alcoholic then going for a year with out a drink should be easy as pie, only alcoholics struggle with NOT drinking.... unless of course they have found a solution to thier alcoholism.