View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 05:18 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
dojoro
"I think I can. I think I can"

Tonight was a rough one...still craving but not nearly as bad. The boys are still up because I will be alone(with my liquor cabinet) when they go. I think I am past craving the liquor but still would love that glass of wine.

Two very strange things happened. While I was rearranging the furniture in the livingroom like a mad woman the song "Jesus Take The Wheel" came on. I have heard the song tons before but tonight it really hit home. I just read about the higher power and it's role in recovery. I doubted it until I heard this song tonight. The coincidence was just to great. What happened next is the strangest of all things to happen and I swear I couldn't make this up... I decide to sit and watch some of the Rodents show on Animal Planet with the boys. they had been asking and asking as I frantically pushed furniture around the room. So I sit. Not 30 seconds later the phone rings. Up on the TV pops the name and number. The name....William W. The number was local but unrecognizable. I almost puked. I thought "they" were calling me. My first reaction was not to answer. I thought my husband must have told them to call, because when he left I was in tears sobbing "I don't want to do this". I really thought AA was calling me. Reluctantly I answered and it was a friend of my husbands. But WOW. Two very obvious signs smack in the middle of a very hard Day 8. I won't drink today.

Jo