View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 01:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
thiskidknows

Not made any progress

I'm not technically new here just haven't been around for a while. When i first came I was drinking heavy, I thought i could cut down, I couldn't and now I'm drinking a litre of vodka a day, and the last few months I've started using coke and heroin as well. I have recentely started seeing a DIP worker (drug intervention programme), but I still can't seem to cope with life without using or drinking. I'm not good in groups, in fact large groups of people freak me out so I wouldn't make it thru the doors of an AA or NA group.

I've managed to get myself into a bad situation that's getting worse not better, withdrawals and cravings are getting stronger.

To be honest, the reason I came back here is because there is nobody around me who understands, a few people know that i'm using as well as drinking and i just get told to "stop", or "i'm being stupid"...but its not helping..being shouted at is making me want to use and drink more...does that make any sense.

sorry to be posting to say, i'm now clean...I'm not, I'm worse off now then I was when I joined.

sorry, hope everyone else is doing relatively ok.