View Single Post
Old 06-05-2004, 10:03 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Claudia
Paused

hey Zionzlion127,

Your situation is very unfortunate. I feel for you, your child, and the child to be. I Agree with Standing Strong that the fear of the unknown is harder than dealing with everything once you remove yourself from the situation. Was your AH an A when you met him?! If so, I hope you didn't think that by having children it would make him change. Nothing will make them change except themselfs. We have to determine if we can hang on for the rollercoaster ride with our A's or if we just get to much nausea on the ride. Either way when we married our A's we made that decision to do so. It is a disease for them, an illness. We can have compassion or we can get the he88 out. But the decision is ours and ours alone. They make a decision every day to drink even though it is hard on the marriage and they know how much we hate it. Have you ever asked him what he would think if you weren't together and the next man in your life helping raise his children was also an A?! Treating his children the way he does when he drinks(not that it is bad but we know that they can be hateful when they don't mean to). I guarantee he would not tollerate another A raising his children! So why should we!! My prayers are with you and I hope you find your answers you are looking for!
Claudia