View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 02:51 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

Welcome to SR DeathKnight.

everything is a trigger at the moment.
I know exactly what you are taliking about on that one!!! Once I got off of work every single thing I did except sleep involved drinking, I drove and drank for many years, the last 5 years I had to or I would start getting really messed up physically and mentally.

What I found after I got out of detox was I had to change everything I did initially, one thing that made a huge difference was I went to at least one AA meeting every day. I made a ton of new sober friends there and when I was not in a meeting or at work I would spend time on the phone with them.

As my sobriety grew stronger as I took the steps with my sponsor I returned to doing things that I had done before I quit drinking. The difference was night and day, everything I did drinking I did BETTER sober and I remembered them the next day!!! I also have found my self doing things I never would have dreamed of doing while I was drinking.

The gaming deal if that is a major trigger right now may be a good thing to put on the back burner for now, I can assure you that when you feel comfortable doing it again with out a drink you will find your self kicking some serious butt in comparison to when you were gaming and drunk/drinking.