View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 08:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
LaTeeDa

Yes! I remember when I found a "treasure" at a garage sale and no one would understand what a find it was but him. The sadness I felt at that moment was huge. There was no one in my life who could understand but him. And I couldn't share it with him because we were estranged at the time.

The thing is, all the people in our lives have balance sheets. The debits and the credits. The pros and the cons. If they were all negative, we would never have given them a second look, much less spent part of our lives with them.

For me, it came down to the cons outweighing the pros. I couldn't sacrifice myself any more just for some, few and far between, good times. I have now gotten to a place where I am grateful for what we had, even though it didn't last forever like I wanted it to. I can fondly remember the good times without wishing for a different outcome. It was what it was, and a necessary part of my journey. But I have traveled that road already. I am on a new road now. And I am looking forward to the new memories yet to be created. What an adventure this thing called life is!

L