View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 06:55 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
ItsmeAlice

Bravo!!!

When I was at the same point in my separation with my XABF, I felt like I was jumping from rock to rock dutifully completing the next step in my master plan but all the while feeling like I was just about to fall head first into The Bog of Eternal Stench....Ugh!

I took the loving support and experience of those here and I made a concerted effort to not overlook my basic needs. I made sure to eat well and often. I tried to keep good sleep habits and took naps when needed. I also made sure to connect with others without discussing my issues. Holding someone else's hand and listening to their worries put my own in perspective and I felt needed.

You asked what's next. For me it was learning how to take care of myself from day to day. Even with working my recovery, I did not see how much time, both on the clock and in my head, I had devoted to my XABF. Without him there, I floundered a bit trying to fill my own thoughts and activities. I made a list of daily things to work on, books to read, shows to watch etc. It helped to keep me busy when I might otherwise become unfocused and fixate on thoughts of him.

You are on the right track! You can do this!!

Alice