View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 09:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
nodaybut2day

I left. Now what?

This week-end was my move out of our apartment and into my parents' home. It was the quickest move I'd ever done: loaded up two mini-vans, travelled, unloaded them, all in 1 hour 15 minutes. Needless to say I didn't take much with me.

He hadn't come home the night before, just so he wouldn't be there to face my family. He did however leave his son there to witness it all, and when I left, my stepson was alone in the somewhat empty apartment. Ugh. How horrid.

The rest of the week-end was ok. He called or texted SEVERAL times, all for silly little details: "you took the dish cabinet and said you wouldn't", "you gave my son a phone number, what is it?" "You were supposed to buy cat litter before leaving" "There a letter from the government that came for you"...blah blah blah. All unnecessary and pointless. It felt good to ignore the calls or the texts. It wasn't long but I did get to REST a little bit.

I saw a lawyer this morning and decided to hire her. I'm planning a two-fold strategy: 1) attempt to hammer out an agreement with him in mediation, which is mandatory anyhow before going before the court 2) begin legal proceedings right away to have the divorce, custody and child support settled ASAP. I feel good about this approach because I really don't trust STBX and his reactions, so I want to be ready to serve him with legal proceedings should things get out of hand (i.e. should he just go pick up my daughter at daycare).

Aside from that...I feel a little lost. Breathless. Tired. The move is over and I'm out of there, but now what?

He continues to email me at work regarding various things, making little veiled threats about doing whatever he wants regarding our daughter.

I'm just so tired of this man, of what he's done to me and to my family. I see my parents suffer and it hurts me to know that I indirectly did this to them.

I don't know what's next. I'm just so tired.