Thread: Therapy
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2009, 05:21 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
meditation

Therapy does not work for me. It is again like AA and NA mandated. As long as how I feel emotionally gets reported back to my EAP advisor or case manager it won't work. Maybe for some people it does work but it feels like I sit there and my psychologist rattles off case studies and some obscure stuff and she does not really like much interaction from me... she llkes to talk and me listen and by the time she gets done I have totally forgotten what she said that I wanted to reply to. It's a waste of my time and money but something I am forced into doing.

I hope that I am the case that isn't the norm. For one I think it would be helpful to have a psychologist that is versed in addictions. Mine has no clue.
And I really need on an antidepressant but the one I need on that is about the only one I can tolerate runs me around 75.00 out of pocket each month and again I have to go thru hoops galore to get on and the paper work is incredible with my case manager.

There are days when I feel like my recovery belongs to the my case manager and not me and I get frustrated and angry that I have to even do it.

Did this help? lol probably not.