View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 09:25 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
NewChapter

Tigger: So sorry to read your news. If you're anything like me, you've been "alone" for quite a while...not had a real marriage in a long time. It doesn't mean it isn't painful, because it is, and, as the song says, "If you're going through he!!, keep on going..." We still have to feel the pain, no getting around it. But the tears are cleansing and the shock and fear will begin to fade.

I'm so proud of how far you've come! You've already been doing so much! Be sure to take time to think about that, maybe journal your feelings if you don't already.

There are many of us here, and sometimes leaving us can be the nicest thing our A's ever do for us! I'm finding that it might be true for me, and maybe it will be the case for you!

Keep posting here! (and I received your friend request but haven't posted enough times to send a response, or something about that). We will all get through this and will come out on the other side better than ever. I spoke with my counselor about the fact that it feels like I've twisted myself into a pretzel in an effort to please him, and it feels like I'm untwisting. She said, "And when you untwise, you get taller." So here's to getting taller! My prayers are with you tonight, Tigger. Please keep us posted.