Old 10-28-2009, 06:17 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Mark75

Originally Posted by dojoro View Post

I know nothing about AA, you can call them? I don't understand the steps and I am not convinced it is for me. my husband doesn't either. He doesn't think I drink all that much...compared too...but he can't see the thoughts in my head...that is what worries me, why is it always on my mind? I can feel it getting bigger than me and since he isn't home most nights or isn't home until 7 he doesn't always see what I am capable of.
Your husband can't really be a big part of your recovery... for the reasons you mentioned above... he can't see your thoughts... I could have said the same about my wife and about myself... she didn't see the obsession to drink and she didn't have any idea what I was capable of... how could she, she's not alcoholic.

I'm not going to ram AA down your throat, but you should learn more about it. Probably the best way is to read the big book and go to some meetings. Talk to other AAs if you can...

There are other recovery programs as well, but I can't tell you much about them as I use AA.

Keep Posting!

Mark