View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 06:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Redux

Want to be a Break-up Buddy? (BB)

Have you left your alcoholic? Do you want to? Are you in the middle of a divorce? A separation? Are you still reeling from the effects of your breakup? Would you like to take a hammer and smash a sensitive body part on your Alcoholic? (OK well never mind about that last one. )

If you're in this boat, you need a Break-up Buddy. A BB. Or you need lots of BBs.

If you want support or resolve to continue with your breakup, shout out to your BB here. I'll be one! I hope lots of you will join me! We'll be here for a good cry on our shoulder or a timely "you're better off without the jackass" talk, or to suggest a way to push past an obstacle on your way to a life free from the relationship or even just make a book recommendation.

Not everybody wants a breakup, nor should they. But if you're committed to a break-up, if you've been ditched without your consent, then join us. It would be great to have a separate board but it's not needed - if you need some support for your breakup, just put something about a BB in your subject line.

I hope that's OK and I'm not stepping on any toes here. I just think it would be really great to have support for those of us who are committed to seeking our freedom.

An added benefit - shoe shopping will be encouraged.