Old 10-28-2009, 03:12 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Mark75

Hey

Your liver will probably heal up just fine... IF YOU STOP DRINKING. Some people get elevated liver enzymes with half a magnum of wine a day, some don't with a 5th of vodka.... Can't change that... 6x normal is significant though, so it's a good thing you are looking at the alcohol problem.

And it is....

Penny and others have given you some good advice. You have 3 healthy kids... how wonderful... I remember my four kids when they were the ages yours are now, it was a lot of work and stress, but it was a magical joyous time... I get choked sometimes just thinking about that time in my life....

You are so lucky, though you don't feel like it right now. Your doctor discovered a problem while there is still time to correct it.

I am 52 years old... I've been sober about 14 months or so... It was a long strange beautiful trip to get where I am now. No, I couldn't imagine life without alcohol at first... But now, I don't want it and whenever I think about actually drinking.... I can't imagine it... how cool is that...

I had to work for it though. There have been plenty of people to help me... Rehab, counselors, this site and AA.

There is nothing that a drink can't make worse.

WELCOME to SR.... Keep posting. Lots of ways to recovery, AA is only one, but AA is everywhere with lots of face to face support and care. Just reach out. Maybe a women's meeting?

Mark