Thread: Still Worried
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 10:40 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
hello-kitty

I understand your sadness. But you do not have to be a victim of your sons addiction. You do not have cancer.

Your son does not have cancer either. He is an addict. It is not the same kind of sickness. Your son can choose recovery anytime he wants too. He has the tools. He's choosing not to use them. he's just not ready yet mom.

I just got a text that says that my 19 yr old just left school (adult high school) so don't come on your lunch to pick him up!
Do you have a boundary surrounding this? He is 19. As an adult, living at your house is a privelege not a right... you do not need to sit and wait for him to relaspe. You can stand up for your house rules.

Time to focus on the rest of the family and yourself. Glad you are going to your meeting tonight.

I agree that we must pray for strength to endure our loved one's addiction and stop praying for our loved one to recover.
I don't think anyone has ever said to stop praying for their loved ones? All we really have is prayer because it's in Gods hands, not ours. Accepting this and handing it over to God has been what helped me most. I pray for both.... my loved ones choices and my own.