Thread: Still Worried
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 09:39 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Hesmyfrankie

I just got a text that says that my 19 yr old just left school (adult high school) so don't come on your lunch to pick him up! I guess he told this person to text me. he has no phone. These are signs, I remember from last year! He's been out of Rehab (long term residential) for 11 days. He took a drug test (I purchased) Saturday morning and tested positive for marijuana. For a minute, my husband & I were kinda glad it was only weed! But I realize that it is only a matter of time b4 his DOC (heroin) creeps up his nose. His probation officer says that she will test him again Wednesday, 11/4/09, for coke, heroin, etc... she said this was his first strike and if he tests positive that will be strike 2. Violation of Probation seems to be at the discrecion of the Probation Officer!! It's a yuckky day, rainy & cold. I'm wondering if later, when he comes home, should I inform him that he needs to find another place to live. He knows the rules of our house and he's slowly working my nerves! I have a 9 year old to think about! He is in communication with "old friends" which is another sign of slipping back into using. It's just a matter of time....isn't it?? It is sooooooooo hard when it's your son (not spouse). I'm very sad. I am going to my weekly Alanon meeting 2nite (Naranon is too far) I know I have to "Let Go and Let God" Please pray for my strength. Elizabeth Edwards recently said "Cancer will win" and she must accept that. I agree that we must pray for strength to endure our loved one's addiction and stop praying for our loved one to recover.