View Single Post
Old 10-25-2009, 05:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
HuskyPup
Shape-Shifting Super-Hero

I hate psych. meds

My old Dr. moved away, and the new one decided a few months back I should stop taking Klonopin, which I took for anxiety and TMJ related facial pain. So now it’s been 15 days totally off, and I’ve felt pretty freaked out, on and off. It’s starting to get better, but at first I thought I wasn’t gonna make it…panic, dread, digestive troubles, headaches, nausea, ouch. Not an easy med to stop, by any means. I’m hoping it will keep getting better, but am told it might be a few months. It’s one thing less to be taking into my body, so there is that, I feel more free, even if restless. I was taking about 1 mg. a day, sometimes less. Then I tapered down to .5mg for a few weeks, then the same amount every other day for 2 weeks. I wonder how long until I feel normal, assuming ‘normal’ comes back, or is something I can remember.

These prescription mood pills remind me of the dangers of psych meds, and how, when you stop, or even while you’re on them, it can sure be a living Hell!

It seems like on one hand, either the drugs are SSRIs that make me feel hyper, mixed up and without any way to enjoy sex, like some weird android, or they make me all weirded out like Wellbutrin, or do very little, or are habit forming/work less over time like Clonzapam. Have not found anything that works well, and am tired of trying, I’m convinced such a med has not been invented.

Glad to be rid of them, the pharma business can takes their Prozac and all that, and shove it where the sun don’t shine.

Maybe it helps some people, but I’m yet to be impressed.

H. Pup