Old 10-25-2009, 05:04 PM
  # 421 (permalink)  
HuskyPup
Shape-Shifting Super-Hero

Sorry to be such a stranger, a few crazy weeks for me. I decided to check in as I really have no other support network for this, have not been brave enough to go to AA, too many weird things about it keep me away. The last thing I need is a program that dwells on ‘character defects’, and is centered around negatives: odd one never lists one’s character assets, or talks about how the ‘ego’, as the self, is the mediator between the drive for pleasure and the social values that hold it in check, a negotiator and not a nemesis. But I digress.

My old Dr. moved away, and the new one decided a few months back I should stop taking Klonopin, which I took for anxiety and TMJ related facial pain. So now it’s been 15 days totally off, and I’ve felt pretty freaked out, on and off. It’s starting to get better, but at first I thought I wasn’t gonna make it…panic, dread, digestive troubles, headaches, nausea, ouch. Not an easy med to stop, by any means. I’m hoping it will keep getting better, but am told it might be a few months. It’s one thing less to be taking into my body, so there is that, I feel more free, even if restless. I was taking about 1 mg. a day, sometimes less. Then I tapered down to .5mg for a few weeks, then the same amount every other day for 2 weeks. I wonder how long until I feel normal, assuming ‘normal’ comes back, or is something I can remember.

I have been spending more time on my furry site, meeting other people into animation, anthropomorphic animals, dressing up in crazy costumes, and discussing their affinity with nature and wildlife. Would be nice to meet some folks like that in real life, maybe one day.

I saw some amazing pictures by a German photographer/animal lover named Tanja Askani, here’s a link…go to the ‘Fotographie’ link, and there’s a number of albums, the ones with her dogs playing with foxes and wolves are fun, and on page two, there’s some amazing shots of a deer and a bunny hanging out together, nosing each other. Odd, but touching.

Tanja Askani - Wolfsexpertin, Fotografin und Autorin

Have not been drinking too much, went 7 days, and went out one night, but did not black out or wake up strung out, so that’s an improvement. Have drank once in the past two weeks, a week ago.

Hope you’re doing well, those prescription mood pills remind me of the dangers of psych meds, and how, when you stop, or even while you’re on them, it can sure be a living Hell!

Glad to be rid of them, the pharma business can takes their Prozac and all that, and shove it where the sun don’t shine.

H. Pup