View Single Post
Old 10-25-2009, 06:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
WakeUp
Awakening...

Angry Desperately craving...sugar!!!

I have about 23 days of sobriety, but I'm battling sugar cravings now. Right now, I couldn't care less about a beer, I want to dunk my head in a bucket of sugar!
I read that alcoholics are chronically hypoglycemic (low blood sugar) and crave sugar to boost blood sugar. I was fighting off a cold last week and gots lots of fruit juice for the vitamin C. Well, fruit juices are also loaded with SUGAR! So, I'm walking around today pouring out the fruit juice, just like I did with the beer three weeks ago.
I really need to look into diet and learn how to moderate my blood sugar, so I don't get the cravings. I've read that while AA does so much good, they kind of miss the boat on addressing physical needs, like proper nutrition. You go to the meetings and people are eating cookies, drinking coffee like it's going out of style, and puffing away on cigarettes! Ugh!!!
What good does it do to stop drinking but then turn around and trash your body with caffeine, nicotine and sugar?!?!?

Ok, I'll stop ranting.

Disclaimer: This is not to be taken as medical advice! Please consult with a family physician any concerns with health/diet/nutrition!