Thread: AA Religion?
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2009, 06:28 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Gypsy Feet
mergirl

When people start pulling out words and phrases "Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood him. " and interpreting them, you know what it reminds me of? Church. Of course, we did the same things to people like Shakespeare and Steinbeck in school (which turned me off of books for a long time).

I hate the part were the religious people get to decide how to interpret what the bible meant, which parts were to be taken literally and which parts don't really apply.

The first meeting I went to was in a church, there was a lot of praying to and thanking of god. The next meeting I went to had an ENORMOUS poster on the wall about thy will not mine.

For the desperate, I get that we try and bend the program to be as inclusive as possible, it's all about saving lives. For some of us, this is just more sheep herding in a world made up of fences.

That being said, I will still occasionally pop my head in and see what I can learn, I've always been a good fence jumper .