View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 06:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
mireya

Update... went through with it

So I did ask him to leave yesterday, though not in the way I imagined it. I walked into my apartment with my infant to find him shooting heroin in the bathroom. I know talking to someone who is high is a bad idea but I just wanted him out. I kept my cool for a few hours, finally offered to drive him to a rehab that said they would take him, but he was unresponsive, just laying on the bathroom floor. So I told him I was worried and wanted to call 911 and that got a response. We started talking and I finally asked him to leave and he blew up at me, attacked me, destroyed my phone and tried to lock me in the bathroom, saying he was going to kill himself in the living room. I managed to get out and called the cops. He sped off and hasn't been back since. The police said he was arrested in another township for DWI, but was released to "his friend." I'm actually doing really well, happy to come home to a quiet apartment. I figure God willing he will get in touch when he is ready, and in the meantime I am going to live my life and enjoy the quiet. I don't know if he will ever get better but at least I am not living with it. I am afraid for his life, but I also know that it is out of my hands and all I can do is pray and focus on myself.
Keep us (all) in your prayers, as I keep you all in mine