View Single Post
Old 06-04-2004, 09:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Jane63

Help with detox questions....

Hello, this is my first post here and I have lots of questions! Any replies with advice, info and support would be greatly appreciated!

I am a chronic pain sufferer who has become addicted to hydrocodone (Norco and Vicoprofen) over the past year and a half of use. I am tired of the "run around".... begging my doctors for medication, ordering from online pharmacies...not to mention what it is doing to my health, my family and my bank account!!

Even though I do have legitimate pain (TMJ), I want to try to learn to live with it and I know I am in for the battle of my life...and I am scared!! Before I go into anymore about myself, I have some questions that I was hoping to get some replies to so I would have somethings to consider....

What is the best way to wean myself off the pain medication?...A slow taper plan or going "cold turkey"??? Should I try this at home or enter into a Rehab clinic at our local hospital??....What are some ideas to make the withdrawal symptoms abit easier to get through? I also suffer from extreme anxiety and stress and have taken a low dose of Xanax daily for over 13 years .....never had ANY problems with it or abused it, so that does help some! What is the "Clonadine patch" (sp?) and would it be a good thing to help with WDs? I have also heard to have a supply of Imodium (sp?) handy...anything else helpful??

I will have a chance in early July (Is it best to "set a date"??) when my daughter will be out of town with friends to start detoxing with the help of my husband, so that is why I am trying to set all this up now. Any replies would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
Jane63