Thread: Still Worried
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 10:05 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
devastated

Hesmyfrankie

Love the name!

I agree with the rest of the group. There is no way in this world you can CONTROL your boy. Freshly out of rehab he has all the tools he needs. All he has to do is pick them up and use them.

Sounds like he is wrestling with himself between walking the straight and narrow and using. In which case, he definitely needs a meeting. Only one problem, only he can make that choice!

You don't say how old your son is, but my guess is he is old enough to make his own choices. Therefore, the more advice you give, the more you try to take control of his life, the more he will rebel!

My husband always told me I gave too much advice! He told me it was best for me to back off and only give advice when the son asked for it. When I protested and said, "yes, but he never asks for my advice" my husband would respond by saying "that's right, remember that!"

At the end of the day all you/we can do is pray that they make the right choices. When they are ready to give up the drug use, and only when they are ready, will they make that choice!

In the meantime, remember you are the only one that you can control! Which means, take care of number 1!

My son is soon to be 47 years old, and I tried for 35 years to get him to listen!

Hugs, Devastated