View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 06:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
lovinmenow
Too far from the beach

Thanks for the words of wisdom. You are right. Round and round I go. Just gotta get back on that horse. I appreciate the advise about meetings but for some reason they only make me wanna drink more. It sort of reminds of what I can't have and they can also be a real drag: ya know listening to everyone B(*ch about booze for an hour. Maybe I am just too selfish. Aside from this relapse, 6 months without booze is the longest I have spent in 15 years. I have made progress. Just had a setback and I really need to get back on track.

Hey Tazman, you are absolutely right. It is forced sobriety but hey, I will take it any way I can get it. Why do I drink? I really am a pretty happy person. I have a great life. I think I drink because I am happy. We all have a little voice in our heads that tell us to drink. Mine does not want to escape, it is more like, "wow I am so happy. How about If I cozy up on the couch with my dogs and watch a movie and eat some pizza, Yay." It is not like I need escape or have a bad life. I guess I just grew up like that. I lived in a cold climate most or my life and cozying up with a little wiskey after the snowman fest has always been fun. Trouble happens when it feels too too good though.

Have you evey met anyone who drank because they are happy? I need to start a new thread on the roots of our drinking.