Thread: StopMe!
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 05:22 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

Good suggestions already.

One of the things that has aided me immensely is to maintain an attitude of gratitude, grab a 3X5 card and write down EVERY single thing little and large that you have today due to being sober that you are grateful for. Now read them one at a time and ask your self "Am I willing to give this away to have a glass of wine?"

The reason I say to give away instead of lose is because it has now become a choice as to whether to drink or not, since it is now a choice and not a physical need to drink, if I decide to drink I am losing NOTHING!!!! I am giving what I have away.

Only an alcoholic can read a gratitude list and even still consider that a glass of wine or what ever might be worth giving what one is grateful for away for a drink.

I have always suggested that if the idea of a drink starts to sound like a good idea it is time to take ACTION!!!! What have you not done in the ways of recovery? Do it!!!!

WHy not think about going to your first AA meeting this week end instead of having a glass of wine. I can assure you that an AA meeting can give you far more then a glass of wine will. What do you have to lose......... check your gratitude list. What do you have to gain? Possibly a whole new beautiful way of life and freedom.