View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 02:44 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

Welcome back Anodyne. You know when I was in early recovery I had a group of folks that I could call at any time of day or night and they were glad I woke them from a sound sleep!!!!

Oh yea, I know........ what is that fruit cake claiming now, calling people in the wee morning hours and they are happy he called!

Well the folks I could call had walked in my shoes before and they had called people in the wee hours of the morning as well.

You may ask who the heck would be happy some one called at 2:30AM? Well in these cases it was folks in AA, I have been called by folks myself, I love it!

You see one of the reasons AA works is because it is one alcoholic helping another alcoholic stay sober!

Try telling one of your none alcoholic friends what it is like to be an alcoholic, more then likely they will tell you the same thing my wife used to tell me...... "Why don't you just stop drinking!"

If you were talking to an alcoholic who knows how to stay sober they would understand exactly what you are talking about.

Have you considered going to an AA meeting? I can assure you that you will be more then welcome. Why do this alone?