View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 06:16 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
mirage

Hi EternalSunshine...congrats on one week! I'm new here, too...just gettin going with the whole idea of having to stop. Even commenting here for the first time was very difficult. After I did that, I emailed my best friend last week and told him. We got together yesterday and he told me I had to tell my husband. I didn't want to, but I knew I had to. I didn't want to cause him any concern, or make our lives dramatic in any way. I felt like I was making him suffer for my problem. Anyway...I told him last night. I tried not to make it too heavy, (I know..) but he got the seriousness of it and promised his support.

As for other friends...I don't see them enough for it to really be an issue. I preferred to drink alone so they won't notice one way or the other. I will never tell my parents. Chrisinaustin said how I feel when he said "they would die of sadness". It would just kill them and for me, it's not worth it. They don't even know I drink anyway.

My kids are small, but when they get to the experimental drinking age, I will tell them how I struggled. They should know because of the possible heredity connection, and just for basic deterrence purposes.

So..that's just me. Hope these posts help...hope you keep checking in. I'm going to try and write more...it's still uncomfortable for me, but I can feel me changing and that's a good thing.