Old 10-16-2009, 08:19 AM
  # 375 (permalink)  
mistycshore

Okay here. It's unseasonably cool and I'm not looking forward to the heating bills, which tend to be breath-taking in such an old house.

Tyler, this probably sounds biased but it's what I've witnessed in life. When a long-term relationship breaks up, women tend to take some time getting over it. Then they are free to find and be happy in another relationship. For men it seems like they need to find the new relationship first and *that* is what helps get them over the heartbreak. I doubt that's very helpful to you, but I thought I'd throw it out there. Maybe if you could move forward, it would inspire your ex to move forward too.

Judy, I hope you find a way to sleep. Just the difference between getting four hours of sleep over two is amazing. And getting a normal 7 to 8 hours changes the whole world for me.

Bam, I hope you've recovered from "mud butt" (love that term).

I'm good. Working hard. Over the last 48 hours, I've gotten five hours of sleep. I'm functioning better (in that I can be so sleep deprived without getting dizzy and being unable to think), but it does have a numbing effect. I'm going to miss class again today because I'm so tired that I don't care that I'm missing class again.

I found what's going to save me in my seminar in lit class (which I affectionately termed "hell in postmodernism" class). Last night I discovered Darwinian literary theory, which may not only save my sorry butt but has, I think, the potential to pull literary studies out of its current state of collapse. My instructor gave me the okay to base my class presentation and final paper on it.

And I got to see Xavier (my grandson) last night.

And I've been sober for close to two months, I think. I can't exactly remember and counting doesn't seem important anyway. A "sober date" just gave me something to rebel against and fail at achieving. Who needs that?

Hugs,