View Single Post
Old 10-16-2009, 06:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
coping123
Detached since 10.13.09

Originally Posted by kv816 View Post
It was here someone posted a commented about being rejected by the reject. And that really helped me see things differently. A close friend of mine said chances are he's just jealous of me and where I am in my life ... It's in his nature to make people feel bad because that's the only way he can make himself feel good.
I just realized this the other day myself & its really helped put more of this nuttiness into perspective... my xabf has nothing - no home, no credit, no money, no job, no friends, and a horrible relationship with his family and no relationship w/his two teenage daughters. And here walks me into his life after 20 years... I've worked very hard to get to the place where I am now - good job, modest home, financially stable, good 'mental outlook' - and his family just 'loves' me - from the first day he brought me around to meet them all... they would always ask him how 'I' was doing, when was 'I' coming around again, etc. - and it would make him so angry because they weren't asking about him... not feeding his 'little god' complex.

When he got jealous each and every time, he would always find something to shoot me down about - pulling out of the driveway too 'hard', not wearing what 'he' thought was a appropriate for a woman (I'm a tom-boy outdoorsy girl), many many more critisisms... until he finally had enough of his family asking about me and completely backed away into nothingness... which I know he did me a favor.

In my enlightened state of detachment that I was able to reach this week, I can now accept being 'rejected by the reject' - it helped me see how good of a person I am inside and out, and to be grateful and 'proud' of where I've gotten in my own life thus far... and nothing else matters