Thread: Illogic
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2009, 06:04 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
NEOMARXIST

Originally Posted by thirtybubba View Post
I go to sleep alone, listening to the partying... and wonder.
-TB.

Hang in there TB!!

God that quote of yours jumped out at me as i just read it. It encapsulated in a beautifully simplistic but incredibly poignant way exactly what I used to think/feel. Such a lonely and sad place and man was I depressed. How had I become this lonely person? I would gratefully take my next drunken binge as at least I didn't have to feel depressed at least for a few hours, only to end up making myself feel worse after acting totally irrationally and wasted in front of people and so feeling even more depressed/ashamed. So I just used to drink alone...

Hang in there and realise that the only way that you are gonna be able to stop feeling like this is by never taking that first drink. That is the one that gets ya... Took me untill this stetch of 100days sober to truly "get it". Sure I never used to have any intention of only drinking one, I would always buy 9 cans minimum and the first 3 would be gone in a matter of minutes but it was ultimately the first one which set the cycle back in motion again and planted the poisonous seed back into my mind/body.

Take Care and know that all that you need to succeed is already inside of you... You just need to find it that's all.

Peace and love xxxx