View Single Post
Old 10-16-2009, 04:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
TakingCharge999
A jug fills drop by drop

((Free)) I know how much it hurts. My advice is to stop using FB and talking to mutual friends. Go no contact with all of them for a while. I got news, any news and I was instantly devastated. It is just not worth the pain. No one knows what he is thinking or feeling in reality. If you wished, you could also go out everyday and take pictures with strangers and sleep around with a different man every night. Would that mean you are a happy, joyful person? Hardly, in my book... everyone puts in FB what they want others to think.

I hope you can take all this as reassurance on why this man is not good for you. And yes alcoholics are master manipulators, they show a different persona but in the end the true colors are shown. This is who he is. And this is what he does. And this is why you are better off without.

I felt I had welcomed a madman in my heart. It is painful but you will move on from all of this and you will never see him again. He is not a social drinker having fun as he tries to show. You know better. He has a huge problem with alcohol and separating from you has not taught him much or taken out of his denial. Perhaps its not his time yet. Perhaps it will never be his time. Its just an alcoholic in progression. And you can't control him.

They say you REALLY know a person after a break up or divorce. I guess its true.

HUGS!