View Single Post
Old 10-15-2009, 11:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Free108

still not allowed to express myself

Just to summarize my story, I split up with my ABF four weeks ago. He left me actually, because I couldn't handle what he calls his "lifestyle". I was and am heartbroken that he apparently chose booze and drugs over us. You were all really great helping me put that into perspective.

But anyway, now I'm in a position of having to stay in some kind of minimum contact with him because we own a business together. I still have to go in a few times a week, but I go in the mornings when he's not around (it's a nightclub).
At this point, I'm hiring other people to replace me so that in a month or so I won't have to go in anymore.
My problem is this though: I am trying to negotiate a financial settlement with him. We've spoken on the phone a couple of times and we haven't agreed yet but I'm trying to keep the conversation pleasant because I know very well that if I **** him off I can say goodbye to a lot of my money, as I'm not well protected legally.
But underneath I'm absolutely SEETHING. He's behaving disgustingly at the moment. There are new photos on Facebook every day of him partying with younger women, posted by mutual "friends". It's like he's having an early midlife crisis or something. He was not like this while we were together, but he's just gone nuts and it's so humiliating to me. I know that most of our friends and our community are seeing this and I feel horrified and angry. I also hardly recognize him and this is confusing. Who on earth was I in love with? Certainly not this man. How could I possibly have been so blind... I'm in therapy, so hopefully I'll figure that one out!
If I wasn't involved with him financially, I would give him a piece of my mind and then completely block him from my life. I'm so grossed out by his behavior and so embarrassed.
But I can't say anything and I have to pretend to be civil. I hate this. I'm tired of having to step around him and his moods all the time, but he's still the one in power and I put myself in this position. YUK.