Thread: AH left tonight
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2009, 06:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Learn2Live
To thine own self be true.

Thank you for sharing Regretful! Please don't be regretful; everything is going to work out just GREAT for you, I know it!

I say Good Riddance to that STINKY MAN! (but then he's not my husband so sorry if that sounds harsh). I got rid of one of those kind of people this year too and I am saying Good Riddance for myself, hoping the good feeling will rub off on you!

I am so sorry you and your children are going thru all of this. He should not be talking to you and the children that way. Such tension and stress is not good for ANY of you.

this morning while i was at work he called me and told me we were finished, it was all my fault and it had nothing to do with drinking.
He's the one who said it, so hold him to it. See how peaceful it is now? It gets even more and more peaceful the more accustomed you get to him being gone.

he called early this afternoon and asked if he could stay here the night because he had no where else to go
HAHAHAHA Sorry, that's immature of me. Just this morning he was "done" and now this afternoon he wants you to feel sorry for him because he has no place to go? Honestly, he should have thought of THAT before he pulled his morning stunt.

and i said no.
Good for you!!! Keep it up! THIS is the doorway to your SERENITY!

he continued to say i was the reason he drank for 20 years and that i was a bitch, nag, etc. c-word. he told me i was vindictive and anything else you can think of. he told me i turned the kids on him
OH BALONEY! He's full of it. Stinky drunk man. Blame. Don't listen to it. As long as you own your side of the street, you always know what you contribute to.

i want to know if i'm right in telling him no, he can't stay here overnight cuz he has no where else to go.
Yes. YOU ARE RIGHT. You have every right to hold this man to his word. He has someplace else to go! He's a grown man. He is quite capable of figuring this out himself. Don't you go feeling all sorry for him.

is it normal for alkis to blame everything on every body else and not take even a little blame on themselves.
Yes. Quite. Unfortunately.

what is my next step?
My next step would be to go to Al-Anon.

this has been coming on slowly but today was totally not expected. maybe i would have done it next week who knows.
You're second-guessing yourself but you decided you were done with this man LONG ago, didn't you? I would silently thank him for making it so easy on you by leaving without you having to KICK him out.

what do i do with all the things that he has here. like his clothes in the closet and stuff everywhere? do i pack it up and tell him to get it? pack it up and put it in the basement?
Are his things being where they are annoying you? Because the addicted person who lived in my home had his junk EVERYWHERE. I hated it; it was always cluttering up my home and getting in my way! Not to mention that all of his stuff reminded me of HIM. YUCK! So, I packed up what I could carry and dumped it all in the garage. I did that for MYSELF; NOT for HIM. So, whatever you need to do for YOURSELF, go ahead and do. Be careful not to fall in your own trap of doing things for HIM.

I think you should do with that stuff what benefits your sanity, your serenity, and your peace the most! And I think you should take this time to call some girlfriends and get together and have some fun!