View Single Post
Old 10-10-2009, 02:41 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
ashleek
FREAKING AWESOME!

Honey let me tell you. Detox isn't always great and I was on tab 10's too but went to the perk 30's.

Go to the detox, for me and that's all I can say is what it was like for me, it was a vacation. A place where others support you and love you the entire way through. It was a beautiful thing and I thank God for those people and staff who were there.

I hated not being able to have my own pillow and blanket, razor, shampoo, blah blah blah. Trust me all you should bring are clothes and shoes. That might seem like the bad part but really it's not so bad.

The first two days you'll be really aggervated but I say hang in there! It gets so much better. Mine was voluntary too, so I told the doc I was ready to go home and he said Okay.

You will freeze to death so bring lots of warm clothes. They will have meds for you and will do everything possible to keep you comfortable. I was prescribed claudadine (sp?) and it done the job! I ate vinagrin (sp?) the puke pills like crazy. I never once puked or pooped my guts out, stayed pretty sane in there. The most I dealt with was anxiety. Everyone suffers from that cause you can't use and you wanna but you don't wanna. Ya know.

I say go for it. It saved my life and the only reason I am sober today. It is a laid back kinda place for most places because they know we are addicts, alcoholics. I would say get there early if you can so you can see the doc. But even if you don't they will call the doc and say I have a new patient so and so and they were on this much.....and the doc will prescribe something.

Good luck! I am telling you I was scared to death but I am so thankful I went. Be nice to the nurses!! No matter how aggervated you get, they are people too, they have a hard job in detox and remember they give you your meds. I would say suck up to a couple so you know when you need your "as needed meds" or "PRN's" as they call them you know they will get them right away for you.

You can do this, I never thought I would be the person to do this. I was "strong" and could do it on my own. I was so weak and needed those people who helped change my life.