View Single Post
Old 10-10-2009, 11:12 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Wolfchild
Disposable Hero

Personaly, i don't give a rat's ass what someone's attitude is about me being in a meeting. If someone is not willing to help me stay clean and to recover, that's their problem. i look and listen for those who have found and are living a new way of life! Every meeting i go to may have something i need to hear, or someone i need to meet. If if i don't go, i won't be able to hear it & if i don't go, i might not meet them. i go because i want to stay clean and i want to help someone else do the same. Going to meetings helps me to practice what i've learned in the 12 Steps & the 12 Traditions and to give my experience, strength, & hope to someone else. For me, meetings are a place where genuine understanding takes place without the need to wear any masks. These reasons why i go to meetings are also the reasons i come here daily.

It's unfortunate that what happened at that meeting happened. i encourage you to find meetings where there is a bit more maturity and compassion shown to anyone who walks in that door and sits down. If you chose to go back to that meeting, perhaps you could ask those people who have a problem with you being there how anonymity plays a part in our recovery?