View Single Post
Old 10-10-2009, 10:08 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Dallar

Detox

Ashleek

I read your post and it was a post like yours that I have been looking for. I am going into Detox on Monday and that is what I would like to know as much about as possible? I only know what they told me they give you medcications to help with the withdrawls my addition is Lorcet Plus Pain Killers and I want to know about what detox is like.

Everything from the start to the end. I already have problems sleeping I have a script for Ambien but it doesnt keep me asleep all night so I am usually taking another one to get back to sleep. I may abuse those too but I can go months without taking them and not have a problem so I dont consider myself addicted to them. But if they give me something to make me sleep and it doesnt work will they give me something else.

As far as sleeping goes ( I know each place is differnt) is it like dorm style or were you actually in a hospital the place I am going is a detox center. Its volunteer and I an volunteer leave any time I want. They told me no show strings, no electronics and no pants with draw strings but they didnt say anything abt blankets or pillows they do I need to bring my own towels, can I take a razor is it showers or do they have a tub, can I take a blow dryer or a hair straighner.

She sd they will help with withdrawls and sleep I will see a md 1x per day and shrink1x per day and have 4 group sessions per day. They feed me 3 X per day and have 2 snacks. I am a smoker so they sd I would be allowed 6 smoke breaks a day, that really doesnt sound like allot... No cell phones but I cd use their phone for incoming and out going calls.

Anything you can think to tell me will be helpful, you were on 10 days clean on your first post not counting detox so actually 15 and you still felt really bad... So how long before you were feeling better.

Thanks in advance for any advice you have.