View Single Post
Old 10-09-2009, 05:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Pelican
peaceful seabird

Welcome to the Sober Recovery family!

I'm sorry that the living arrangements with your parents did not work out. Your decision to move yourself and your family out of that environment was a healthy move.

Please read some of the sticky notes at the top of this forum. Ask as many questions as needed. We are here to support you.

You said: Am I doing the right thing? Or am I giving her the reason of a lifetime to turn to the bottle hard?

She is already blameing everyone else for her problems. That is addiction. She will drink because she is happy, she will drink because she is sad, she will drink to celebrate, she will drink to de-stress, she will drink because the sky is blue today, etc.....She will always find a reason to drink.

The truth is that she is the one making the choice to drink. It is up to her to stop. Until she is ready to stop for herself, you can not control or cure her addiction.

You can protect yourself and your family. You are doing a great job in recognizing the alcoholism and removing your family from it's path of destruction.

Keep on keeping on!