View Single Post
Old 10-09-2009, 03:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ItsmeAlice

Wink Keep it simple sister

This is my new motto for the coming weeks.

"Keep it simple sister!"

After my friend/roommate angrily told me on Monday that she wanted me out of her house by the weekend (see prior thread), I really had to kick things into high gear. When the fifth cottage I wanted fell through because of my menagerie of dogs, cats, and horses, I had to scramble to find housing.

An acquaintance of mine who I contacted to trailer my horses, told me he was letting a tenant go for lack of payment and general disruptive behavior and asked if I'd be interested in a room share. I quickly went out, took a look, and plunked down the first month's rent.

The next day (yesterday), my family including nieces and nephew came out to help and a willing neighbor joined in. All in all it took us seven hours with plenty of breaks and chit chat to get the truck loaded, get most of my things into a local storage unit, and get the rest to my new room share. It has taken me the day to get everthing juggled around and the pets organized into all the nooks and crannies, but we are finally looking comfortable. Everyone has dosed off finally in their chosen spots to the familiar clickety clack of my keyboard. That sound seems to be their signal to snooze.

As I sit here catching up on emails and reading the threads here on SR, I realize that a hiatus from hauling around a houseload of stuff and worrying about keeping a whole house clean along with everything else is just not where my focus is these days.

I remember before I met my XABF I moved into my first home, a condo. I moved the bulk of my posessions in my truck and hired two guys to move four large pieces including my bed across town. It seems once I started dating X I began nesting and acquiring far more than just an extra toothbrush and a second dresser.

I feel like it's time to keep it simple. Focus on just what I need and leave the rest safely packed away for now. I'm going to consider keeping my horses elsewhere so that my moving or moving them does not affect the other. Less to worry about at one time. By living more simply I can afford to pay up some old bills, keep up on some neglected things like enjoying a night out once in a while, and get a nest egg going so I can one day own my own little cottage and barn instead of renting and always wondering when I'll have to leave.

My blessings today are: The room is bright and cheerful, the pets are content, the weather is just beautiful, and the hot tub is calling!

Alice