View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 09:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
thirtybubba
Owner of a strange glitch.

Hi there. I feel for you, going through all that.

Can't help you with much there, I've never been in your position mostly, except you say you can't find factory jobs--and since going to college, I've been told repeatedly to get an office job. And shot down for similar reasons to what you say. Actually cussed out by one temp agency, "what the * do you think you're doing applying with no experience."

This much I know: if you're applying to a factory job, don't mention college, or any job commonly known to require a college degree. It should not be on your resume, your app, or out of your lips. The supervisors don't want anyone smarter than them on the floor... even though half those 'meth-heads' are smarter than them too... Just leave all of that blank (yeah, it seems counterintuitive, but they're looking for bodies who'll show up--those methheads are likely to show up, they need the cash), and get a couple (forewarned) friends to say you're a good person on personal cells. If you're a woman, explain away the lack of experience by being married to a man who used to could provide, and the economy etc etc. If you're a man, well, I got nothing for that. Sorry.

Best of luck whatever you find,
-TB