View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 02:58 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

Feel better Penny? I have a strong feeling you do since you told him. Many of us alkies are notoriuos for "Projecting". I got through a bad case of it last night, as usual I was projecting the worst, I had these snappy yet nasty rebuttals all planned out to say when they started to rake me across the coals...... then my program would kick in and I would start telling myself to quit projecting and to stop the "Blame game" I was planning to rebutt them with. Finally yesterday afternoon I just made a commitment to just turn it over, take what I had earned and keep my mouth shut.

Well I did just that and because I had corrected what I should have been doing all along when the time came all that was basically said was "Thanks for coming, one minor issue left for you to resolve in the next 2 weeks and that is that."

What I had done was to accept the truth myself which was I had done my part & I had to accept that what was going to happen was going to happen and the best thing for me to do was stop projecting the worst and just accept the what ever outcome came out.

As you have found out, the truth will set you free, all of that projecting was of the absolute worst possible out come. We do it all the time, with faith and practice we learn to stop projecting and simply do what we can do and what is out of our hands we just turn over and let be what will be, worrying about stuff out of our control just eats us up.

It takes time to learn this though, I continue to work on it, I am making progress and you will as well, with practice our faith grows and it becaomes easier every time.