View Single Post
Old 10-07-2009, 04:47 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

LivingLifeMYWAY welcome to SR, imho you have gotten some sage advice on both changing docs and going to NA or some other support group. I have not walked in your shoes, I am an alcoholic and from talking with addicts who use AA as part of thier recovery the mental twist that takes an alcoholic back to drinking is very similar to the mental twist that takes an addict back to using.

An alcoholic understands an alcoholic better then any one else does, from what I understand the same holds true for addicts. For that reason AA & NA help a lot in recovery.

Ask the addicts here if they will ever not be an addict? They may not be addicted any more, but they are still an addict.

I am an alcoholic and always will be an alcoholic and I have not touched a drop in over 3 years, yet I know that I will never be able to drink safely, today it is not a big deal at all, but it is something that I need to be ever vigilante about. I have found a solution to life via the 12 steps of AA that has resulted in me not even considering a drink to possibly improve a single thing in life. NA offers the same deal in regards to drugs.