Old 10-06-2009, 11:52 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  
mistycshore

I work 11 p-7a and have classes in the middle of the day (11-2 today). I see my husband for a few minutes when I'm getting ready for work and a few minutes when I get home in the morning and he's getting ready for work. Between errands and household stuff, I don't have time for much else in life. No friends really and family of origin is distant (in more ways than one). I'm committing to visit my son and his wife every Sunday, but I am lonely. Always been kind of loner though.

I think working nights is kind of depressing, especially as it gets colder and the days get shorter. Sometimes it feels spooky to me. One thing you said in an earlier post - that you felt forgotten in the dark - really resonated with me. I keep telling myself that it's just for now; it's not forever. I try to bring to mind how scary it was not to have a job or even a prospect for a job, and that helps. I know a couple people who are out of work and others who are terrified of losing their jobs, and they'd be happy to trade places with me. As far from ideal as it is, this crappy job is is getting me through the moment.

Thinking of you, Husky.