Old 10-06-2009, 06:49 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  
HuskyPup
Shape-Shifting Super-Hero

This is odd, but there don't seem to be many people/friends holding me back or to apologize to, I suppose I am something of a loner. My relatives are all a great distance away; I have various acquaintances, but years of working nights and having odd days off has separated me from most of my friends from when I had a more open schedule. Now, I have mainly 'acquaintances'. One thing I seek are friends, it fuels wanting to go out when I get home: a place where people are around to talk to, and at that time, the only social place is the Tavern, or some such variation.

Anyone else have a job, and they get home at midnight or later? How did this affect you, over time, if so? Have been very much struggling with many issues related to this. I even thought, maybe I would try a meeting of whatever sort when the urge was strongest….though no meetings so late. I imagine the whole meeting thing would work well by filling in the times you used to drink, or at least I see that as part of how it would work. Pondering.

H. Pup