Thread: How??
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 07:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MaxC

Smile How??

Hey guys, I go to AA and see a therapist but figure I might have an easier time talking with an online group and figured I might as well give it a shot! I started smoking weed and drinking back in high school and really went crazy when I went off to college. It's now been a little over two years and I dropped out of that college and live at home with my parents. I went sober for about 2 months November 2008-New Years 2009 and it just started again. Seems to be a pretty vicious cycle and I can't do it on my own but I don't know how to do it not on my own yet either. I drink/do drugs because I am bored. I don't really know how to interact with other people anymore(and genuinely enjoy myself doing it) so I don't really have any friends anymore except those I get high/drunk with, which sort of backs me into a corner. I don't know how to make real friends because I don't have the slightest clue what to do with them and end up suggesting getting high or drunk after conversation dies down. I have recently joined a gym which is a step the right way but now I feel I am stuck again, and whenever I feel stuck and have nothing else to do, I do drugs. Anyways I have decided to try harder and decided these forums could be good to meet people with the same problems. I am 1 day sober so far..