View Single Post
Old 10-04-2009, 06:59 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
a fallen man

thanks everyone for the kind words.

my wife doesn't really drive anymore due to low vision. she always has a person bring her home on sunday evenings. usually one of her friends or her mother.

this afternoon, i got a call from wal-mart and she needed me to come pick her up. it was around 4:30.

on a normal (actually abnormal but normal for former self) sunday i would have truly been hammered by that time. tho' i honestly didn't feel like driving into town, i was able to do so.

no potential dui. just a pickup and come home.

another benefit. i'm a 'dexter' and 'true blood' fan. couldn't wait for them on sunday night. i would usually pass out by sunday afternoon but get up in time to watch them (while pile-driving more vodka of course). of course when talking to co-workers the next morning, i'd try to pretend that i remembered what went on. anyone else done that???

i would end up watching it 'on demand' on monday afternoon before i got too blitzed so i would remember the facts of the show.

anyhoo....just finished watching this week's 'dexter'. i love that show. great episode. it's kinda surreal though....i believe he has an addiction that he can't stop.....lol.